Does this sound strange to you? I know you would like to know all about WIC Website, its application, benefits to the people, eligibility and criteria. We are ready to take you on a tour to the WIC website and more.
Therefore, I will advice you to take a seat and relax as we hit the road. You can comment at the end of the post and subscribe with your Email address after reading.
The WIC Website is the web page for the WIC program platform. WIC program is a federal program with the aim to protect the health of poor Women, Infants, and Children.
The WIC program protect children and infants up to the age of five, who are at nutritional risk by providing foods to supplement their diets. They also provide information on healthy eating and referrals to health care.
The Website Career
The WIC Website has turn out to be a Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants and Children (WIC). They also provide federal grants to states for: foods, health care referrals, and nutrition education for low-income pregnant, breastfeeding, and non-breastfeeding postpartum women.
To crown this, the program makes use of the EBT card to carry the food benefits given to the participants of the program.
The EBT card is a Benefits Transfer card that authorizes the transfer of funds. This funds are from a federal account to an approved distributor or store for payment of authorized food items purchased. However, EBT comes in the form of a card that replaced the use of vouchers and can be used like a debit card.
Category of people And Locations For The WIC:
- Toddlers and children (up to their 5years).
- Pregnant women (pregnancy up to 6 weeks after birth).
- Breastfeeding women (up to infant’s 1st year).
- Non-breastfeeding women (up to 6 months after the birth of an infants).
However, Males are not included in this program. Families can bring their children and infants that are in need of the assistance.
There Are Approved Locations of The WIC Programs Operate are;
- Mobile clinics.
- Community centers.
- Public housing sites.
- County health departments.
- Migrant health centers.
- Indian health services facilities.
In the aforementioned location, WIC carries out its duties and roles there because of potential benefactors like children, infants, pregnant women, breastfeeding mothers.
Eligibility on All About WIC Website
Eligibility to receive benefits from this program are below:
- Women and Children especially the Pregnant, and breastfeeding women, infants, and children up to age 5 are eligible.
- A state residency requirement: you must be a resident of the state before applying for it.
- Nutritional risk:it can be a nutritional risk by a health professional.
- Income:bear in mind that the income level of the family of the applicant must not pass the 185% federal poverty line. However, If a person can meet up with these above requirements, then the person becomes eligible for benefits from the program. That person can apply and start getting benefits from the program.
WIC Application Steps and Procedure
If you log on to the WIC Website, you will be shown more on how to apply for the benefits of the program.
Speaking on the same note, You will be told that to apply for WIC participant, you will need to contact your state or local agency.
To do this, You can call the agency by going to the office in person or calling in to book your appointment.
Most importantly, you will get all the contacts and numbers of all the agencies right there in the WIC website.
Therefore, before you book the appointment, you will be told what to bring along with you to the meeting place.
After the appointment and if it goes on well, then you would be made to start your application processes and filling out the necessary forms.
WIC Benefits (All About WIC Website)
Below are the following steps to follow: these and more benefits are things you stand to gain
- Immediate Supplemental nutritious food packages.
- Breastfeeding promotion and support services.
- Nutrition education and counseling at WIC clinics.
- Examining and referrals to other health, welfare, and social services.
Furthermore, all and more of some of the benefits you can get from the WIC program and they are listed on the WIC Website.
Here are more ways in which the program has helped people and the country at large, see more here:
- WIC reduces fetal deaths and infant death as well.
- it lowers low birth weight and increases the duration of pregnancy.
- WIC increases the growth of nutritionally at-risk infants and children.
- it lowers the incidence of iron deficiency anemia in children.
- WIC increases the dietary intake of pregnant and postpartum women,weight gain as well.
- Pregnant women engaging in WIC automatically receives prenatal care earlier.
- Children attached to WIC are more likely to have a regular source of medical care.
- Children who receive WIC benefits demonstrate increase intellectual development.
- WIC significantly improves children’s diets and welfare.
However, these are some of the areas where the WIC program has made significant impacts making them as the best donors.
WIC Food (All About WIC Website)
The food packages you see here comes from different stages of age for the infants, and also for the adults.
- Soy-Based Beverage.
- Mature Legumes.
- Breakfast Cereal.
- Infant Cereal.
- Infant Food Fruits & Vegetables.
- Infant Formula.
- Exempt Infant Formula.
- Peanut Butter.
- Fruits & Vegetables.
- Canned Fish.
- Whole Wheat Bread and Other Whole Grains.
Finally, each of these foods has a specific requirement that the program supports totally.