Many international students across the world can now get their Australia Student Visa at the snap of their finger. However, there are many other benefits you tend to gain as a scholar in Australia. This post will give you full details of how the Australia visa works and then the necessary documents you need to get for the visa.
HINTS (AUSTRALIA STUDENT VISA)
This are two basic things I want you to know about Australia visa, it will help you know the kind of visa you would like to apply in Australia.
- If you are going to study in Australia for a longer period of time then, you will need to apply for a student visa.
- But If you are taking a short program, for example a language course, which can last within 12 weeks then, you should take you can use a tourist visa.
- If you have a Working Holiday visa you are allowed to study for 16 weeks.
Process On How To Secure Your Australia Student Visa
Below are the various steps written for you to follow up and secure the visa at an easy means. I have listed down the steps and also details on how you can go about it.
#1. APPLY TO A SCHOOL IN AUSTRALIA FOR CONFIRMATION OF ENROLLMENT
- Know that before you can apply for a student visa to Australia you must be enrolled at an Australian school.
- Now, after you have received an offer letter from the school, and you have paid their tuition deposit to the school.
- Then the school will send you a COE (Confirmation of Enrollment).
- You will need this document to begin your visa application.
- Make sure you have this COE before applying for the visa.
#2. CREATE AN ACCOUNT WITH THE AUSTRALIA IMMIGRATION AUTHORITIES
- Recently, application is now easy because you can apply online for Australian visas.
- Before you start your visa application you have to create an account athttps://online.immi.gov.au/lusc/register
- Then you will be ask to submit your NAME, PHONE NUMBER and E-MAIL ADDRESS.
- Finally, you get to create a password and accept their conditions.
#3. MAKE SURE THAT ALL YOUR DOCUMENTS WILL BE IN DIGITAL FORMAT BEFORE SUBMISSION
- Your COE (confirmation of enrollment) paper.
- An OSHC health insurance. For health issues.
- An authentic or valid Passport that should be valid for your whole stay in Australia because it will be hard to exchange your passport there.
- Proof of temporary stay:a certificate showing that your stay here is a temporal one and not for permanent residence.
Some other documents you will definitely need are here at the (image):
- Birth certificate.
- Bank statement: Proof that you can finance your studies.
- Grade reports and IELTS-test result: Proof that you have enough knowledge to pass your intended studies.
- Document to show whether you have been convicted or not.
- For more info: go to https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/web-evidentiary-tool
- There you fill in your nationality and school and get a detailed list of needed documents.
*note: If you apply online all documents should be uploaded in a digital format. So is very much advisable that you scan all your documents and pictures to get the right quality. All documents should be translated to English by a certified translator. check here
#4. CONFIRM AND REGISTER YOUR VISA ONLINE
- You should apply for a student visa subclass 500.
- The application can be made at the earliest 124 days before your course starts (according to the date given to you at they CoE).
- You can apply online. Read and follow up instructions here. at: https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-listing/student-500
- Now, On the first page you fill in your nationality and your CoE code(s).
- You should also choose your Education sector, More information is available on the form.
- Finally,you will be asked to submit personal details, family details, answer questions about your previous education and work experience.
- Then, submit details about your health and criminal record.
#5. PAY THE VISA FEE AND GET A TRN-NUMBER
- When you have completed the application you should pay the application fee which currently is 575 AUD.
- The easiest is to pay it with a credit card online.
- After payment is done you will get a receipt with a TRN-number (Transaction Reference Number).
- Make sure to save because it will help you check the status of your
#6. HEALTH CHECKUP AND INTERVIEW
- This is very important and you will be ask for it before your application will be complete.
- Many a times the health certificate is demanded before you can go for a visa interview.
- Please Don’t do the health checkup before you have completed the application because you will need your TRN-number and you will get instructions on what you need to check.
- Go to a reputable hospital and conduct a health check up so as to make the certificate legit.
#7. VISA DELAY AND DECISION
- Getting the visa depends on where you are applying from and how busy the Australian immigration authorities are.
- However, without any problem then be sure You will get your visa within one or a couple of weeks once your application is complete.
- You can check the status of your application by logging in to the immigration website.
- Insert your TNR-Number to Login in and check.
- You can also be notified through your E-mail when your visa is ready.
#8. VISA TRAVEL GRADE
- When you have received your visa you can enter Australia before the course start date printed on your CoE.
- If you have not booked accommodation through your school you should inform them of your address in Australia within 7 days of arrival.
- However, you have the right to stay in Australia for 30 days after your course ends or 60 days if your course lasts longer than 10 months.
- I wish you the best of luck as you travel.
**you can subscribe for free to our blog by registering with your E-mail address to get more updates and also check the icon image under.