The Korean Scholarship 2020 Program is available to all international students who want to pursue academic excellence in Bachelor’s degree,Masters and Ph.D. degrees in Korean Universities. However, this scholarship provides international students the opportunity to study in Korea. In addition to that, students can conduct advanced studies in a higher educational institution in Korea.
Basic Korean Services
Today, korea scholarship is on the best World’s Chart of the Best World Study Abroad. Most importantly, all their Scholarships are Fully sponsored and students’ visa requirements are very easy to meet up.
This sponsorship of this program is being managed by the National Institute for International Education Development (NIIED).
However, It provides non-Korean scholars with the funding and opportunity to conduct undergraduate or postgraduate studies in South Korea after completing one year of intensive Korean language studies. you can check for more information on the banner!!!
The post contains necessary information you need to help you apply, secure and obtain a fast reliable scholarship to study in south korea.
#Why NIIED for Korean Scholarship 2020?
NIIED is an executive agency under the Ministry of Education. Its outermost performance is that it helps in strengthening national competitiveness by developing international human resources among overseas Koreans, exchanging students under national government scholarship programs, and providing educational administrative services.
The scholarship is given annually to all International undergraduates, masters, and Ph.D. to study.Also, the Korean Government over the years has proven to foster stronger diplomatic ties between the international communities leaving students the opportunity to reach their set out goals.
#Why Study in Korea?
This will interest you to know that Korea has about 250 national, public and private universities that welcome both Korean and international students.
It is now easier for international students to afford to live and work in Korea while attending programs at institutions of higher education.
Still on the same note, Korean schools have notable research programs, distinguished faculty, and state-of-the-art research facilities. Interestingly,Korea government charges all students, whether Korean citizens or international students, the same fees.
This policies also applies for masters and PhD scholars, Korean universities also provide assistance with employment for international students.
#How Much Does Korean Scholarship (2020) Pay?
The Korean Scholarships is a Funded Scholarship that takes care of your Airfare, Tuition Fee, Settlement Allowance, Living Allowance, Medical Allowance, Research Cost and many others. Follow the Link to start a Fresh Registration:
|Categories||Amount (KRW– Korean won)|
|Resettlement Allowance||KRW 200,000|
|Living Allowance||Undergraduate: 800,000 Graduate: 900,000|
|Medical Insurance||KRW 20,000 (per month)|
|Language Courses||KRW 800,000 per quarter|
|Tuition Fees||Actual cost (No more than 5 million KRW per semester)|
|Award for Excellent Korean Language Proficiency||KRW 100,000|
|Research Support||KRW 210,000 – 240,000 (per semester)|
|Printing Costs (Dissertation)||KRW 500,000 – 800,000|
|Completion Grant||KRW 100,00 (Once)|
#Undergraduate Scholarship Benefits:
- Airplane Ticket or Airfare: Undergraduate scholarship covers an economy class flight with the shortest route from a scholar’s country to Students will also receive a one-way ticket to Korea at the beginning and ending of the scholarship program.
- Monthly Stipend: 800,000 KRW per month
- Tuition: NIIED will cover the tuition fee of up to 5 million KRW.
- Settlement Allowance: 200,000 KRW upon arrival
- Scholarship Completion Grants: 100,000 KRW upon completion of studies
- Korean Language Training: NIIED and the language institution covers the full cost for the 1-year training.
- Medical Insurance: Health insurance covers students for major accidents and illnesses during their scholarship program.
- Korean Proficiency Grants: Scholars with a level 5 or 6 on TOPIK will receive 100,000 KRW won per month during the degree program.
#What is the Graduate Scholarship Benefits?
- Entry to Korea: already economy class flight ticket to Korea.
- Return flight: an economy class flight ticket from Korea to any scholar’s home country.
- Note: The return flight is available only for the scholars who successfully complete their degree coursework.
- This reform will not return flight offered for those who withdraw from the scholarship.
- Fees incurred in the domestic travel within a scholar’s home country are NOT covered.
- The scholarship does not cover International travel insurance.
- EXAMPLE- The flight tickets for the Chinese and Czech scholars will be prepared and provided by the Chinese and the Czech governments.
- Students receive 200,000 KRW
- Degree Program (Master’s or Doctoral): 900,000 KRW
- Research Program: 1,500,000 KRW
- Liberal Arts and Social Science Degrees: 210,000 KRW per semester
- Science, Technology and Engineering Degrees: 240,000 KRW per semester
Language Training Fees
- Language training fees are fully covered.
- Medical insurance of the value of 20,000 KRW per month
Korean Proficiency Grants
The value is 100,000 KRW per month.
Scholarship Completion Grants
The value is 100,000 KRW per month.
Total Scholarship Number
The total number of Acceptable applicants worldwide is 1,276 applicants from 153 regions for Both Undergraduates, masters and Ph.D. Students.
#Eligibility Requirements For Korean Scholarship 2020
- Applicants must also hold a Bachelor’s degree or a Master’s degree by the date of arrival for graduates.
- For the postdoctoral Research Program, you must have a doctoral degree or level of education equivalent to a doctoral degree.
- Research Program applicants, you must hold a degree or a level of education equivalent to or higher than a master’s degree.
- Both an applicant and his/her parents must be citizens of their country of origin.
- Applicants should not hold Korean citizenship initially.
- Applicants should have adequate health, both mentally and physically, to stay in a foreign country for a long time.
- Also, Applicants should also be under 25 years of age at the date of entrance for Undergraduates.
- Then for academic professors, you must be under 45 years of age as of 1st of September 2020.
- You Must have finished or be scheduled to finish formal education of all elementary, middle, high school courses by the date of arrival. (Undergraduate)
- Applicants must Possess a grade point average (G.P.A.) above 80% from the last educational institution attended.
- Applicants who have previously achieved in any undergraduate program, master’s program, or doctoral program in Korea cannot apply for this program.
- Furthermore, as an applicant, you must have a bachelor’s, master’s, or doctoral degree on or before 31st August 2020.
#Korean Scholarships 2020 Application Form
All applicants for can get the application form from the Korean Embassy in their host country or a partnering Domestic University in their Locality that can send their best candidates to apply.
#Application Period and Deadline
The application and deadline for the Korea Government Scholarship for both Graduate and Undergraduates.
Application: FEBRUARY-MARCH deadline: SEPTEMBER-OCTOBER
#How to Apply Korean Scholarship Application Form:
- Scholars can only apply for the scholarships through the Korean Embassy in your home country or a participating Korean University.
- Submit all documents related to your scholarship application to the Korean Embassy in your country of residence to or the domestic university.
- Korean Embassy or the domestic university sends proper candidates to NIIED with the required documents.
- Finally,NIIED evaluates potential candidates and notifies the Korean Embassy of the final selected candidates.
*check the official page Link to start a Fresh Registration and also subscribe free for more updates on scholarship.