Okinawa Institute Of Sci & Tech PhD is a famous university in Onna, Japan. The school is widely known for its exploits in various courses and the impacts its students has created to the society at large. They offer PhD program for both citizens and international students in the university.
Scholarship Funding For OIST.
The Okinawa Institute of Sci & Tech PhD (Graduate) University is a notable interdisciplinary graduate school located in Onna, Japan.
The school offers a 5-year PhD program in Science courses available in the university. Here in the school, most of the students are recruited from outside Japan, also all education and research lectures is delivered entirely in English.
The University was founded on 1 November, 2011 as an interdisciplinary graduate school and currently at its best all over Japan today.
Therefore, still on the same note:the school offers a 5-year PhD program in Science in Japan and the main purpose of this fund is to attract international students for pursuing a PhD degree level program at the school.
Eligibility Status (Okinawa Institute of Sci & Tech PhD)
- Eligible Countries: mostly for International Participants.
- Courses : candidates are free to apply for a PhD degree program at OIST.
- Admissible Criteria: the PhD program is for science courses, so students must be science inclined.
#Application Deadline date: (November 15th, 2019)
NOTE: applications must be done in time, this is for you to meet up before the deadline.
Full Details On How to Apply for (Okinawa Institute of Sci & Tech PhD)
**few hints on what to do to secure the PhD admission in Japan.
- you have to submit a scan of transcript and diploma.
- You must have applicants’ statement, a scan of your passport photo page.
- Also recommendation letter.
- Finally proof of language ability (language proficiency in English).
Proof of English language Proficiency:
Students or applicants seeking for admission on the basis of a qualification from a university in which language of teaching and examination is not of English is required to provide a TOEFL or IELTS obtained within the last 2 years.
#OIST Institutional Code for TOEFL: (8794)
#OIST address for IELTS:Admissions and Career Development department
Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology Graduate University
1919-1 Tancha, Onna-son, Kunigami-gun,
Okinawa, Japan 904-049
#These Documents are optional
Submitting these documents is optional, and will be taken into consideration by the selection committee:
- Evidence of academic ability such as GRE general or specific test scores obtained within the last 2 years.(OIST Institutional Code for GRE reports: 8794)
- Additional material such as the title and abstract of publications and oral presentation.
Transcript and Diploma Certificate:
You should have Scanned copies or duplicates of your academic transcript and any completed diploma (BSc, MSc, etc.) in PDF format.
An English explanation is required for transcripts that are not written in English.
For students that have not graduated and do not have a diploma yet, please upload a certificate of enrolment from your institution and it should indicate your expected graduation date.
This should be not more than 400 words and should contain the following points:
- The applicant’s scientific interests and aspirations.
- applicant hopes to gain from undertaking graduate studies.
The application system requires applicants to submit a passport number and upload a scan of their passport photo page. have a valid passport for travel to Japan.
You must supply your passport details in the application process and follow the guidelines above.
- Each applicant is to have at least 2 and no more than 5 letters of recommendation from academic referees.
- Also, Two is the minimum requirement, but it is very helpful for the admissions committee to have three or more letters.
- In the online application system, the applicant will enter the name and email of each recommender.
- you need to submit Recommendation letters before the deadline.
- Referee comments are a very important and helpful part of the selection process, and it is the applicant’s responsibility to first ensure that referees are willing to submit such a letter.
- A Recommender’s letter you present will always on a high note: confidential treatment.