How bad is your Roku remote? Can you tell if your Roku remote is not working?? well, this could be due to a varying number of problems, some of which are very simple, while others can be more complex or difficult to repair so easily.
Roku Remote And Decoder Settings
In this post I will help you tackle this problem and tell you why your Roku remote is not working, hopefully we will surpass the problem and get your Roku remote working again fully.
However, before I share to you a few possible solutions, have this in mind: To figure out what kind of a Roku remote you have.
Then check whether your Roku decoder device came with a standard IR remote that must be pointed directly Roku decoder, or a Roku remote which connect over a wireless network & works wherever you point it in the room..
Solutions To Why Your Roku Remote Is Not Working Well
Below are the various steps you ought to follow to keep your Roku remote working effectively.
- CHECK YOUR ROKU REMOTE BATTERY AT THE BACK
- Check well to know if your roku remote batteries haven’t run out or damaged.
- Allow worn out or slight change in the batteries shows something is wrong.
- Also know that as low performance is a sure-power indicator that the power supply could be the problem.
- The batteries are accessible from behind the sliding panel at the back of the device.
- Roku remote control system requires two AA batteries.
- While some other roku remote has two AAAs.
- NEXT, HOW TO REPAIR YOUR ROKU REMOTE
- For a Roku remote not working is basically due to thecontrol which has become unpaired from the box it is supposed to operate.
- Unpairing features goes like: System updates, low power, changing Wi-Fi networks.
- using the device with another Roku box, simple technical glitch,all this could all trigger an unexpected unpairing.
- Please note that,it is easy to pair a Roku remote with a Roku box or streaming stick.
- The instructions below tells it all:
- Disconnect your Roku box from its power supply.
- Wait 10 seconds, reconnect the box, and wait for the Home page to load.
- Locate the pairing button on your remote.
- found on the front of the device or in the battery compartment.
- Hold the button down for five seconds or until you see the Roku remote blinking.
- therefore,some older Roku models come with an IR pointer instead of using your Wi-Fi connection.
- Finally, If you have IR Roku remote that’s not working, check that no dirt is blocking the receiver.
- YOU CAN RESET YOUR ROKU REMOTE
- Remove the batteries out of your Roku remote.
- Then ,Remove the power supply from the Roku box/stick.
- You can go to Settings–System–System Restart– Restart.
- Wait some seconds, then reconnect your Roku box to the power.
- Wait for the Home screen to load.
- Re-insert the batteries into your Roku remote.
If the Roku TV remote still doesn’t work, move onto our next step below please.
- CHECK FOR THE HDMI INTERFACE
- Roku accepts that the remotes for some of its models are affected by interference from nearby HDMI cables.
- This issue is especially active on Roku streaming box that connects directly to the HDMI port on your TV.
- solution is to use an HDMI cable extender.
- You can also make of any HDMI extender you have lying around your home.
- Amazingly, Roku can send a short extender for free.
- To receive your free cable, you just need to fill the appropriate form on Roku website.
- NOW YOU CAN CHECK YOUR WIFI CONNECTION
- Lets not forget the wifi connection, when everything seems not working then check your wifi connection.
- Bear in mind that Roku remote does not require an internet connection.
- But it does need a functioning local network.
- So If your local network is down for any reason, the remote will not function until the connection is back.
- YOU CAN MAKE USE OF ROKU REMOTE APP
- There is an official Roku remote app you can get today.
- you can download and use for free on both Android and iOS.
- Before opening the app for the first time, ensure that it is on the same Wi-Fi network as your Roku device.
- As soon as the app loads, you will see the Discovery
- Then, Allow to load for a few seconds and you should see your Roku box listed.
- Tap on it to make the connection.
- Roku app has plenty of other features that are worth using:free TV shows and movies. .
- PROBLEM WITH ROKU APP CONNECTION
- If all the above mention steps fail for the app settings.
- Then,there are a couple of possible causes to it:
- Network Access:Make sure your Roku device is not disabled in terms of network access.
- Go to(Settings–System– Advanced System Settings– Control By Mobile Apps –Network Access to check.)
- Roku VPN: Roku app does not work well when connected to a VPN.