Password recovery (Gmail) has been a great problem for so many people. It seems as if you are lost in the dark, don’t worry the sole aim of this post is to help you recover this password as well as create a new password.
Facts And Hints You Need To Know
We all know that our Gmail account requires password for you to log in. However, what if you can’t log into that your Gmail account to access your mail and other things you want to do there.
One of the best thing to do is to have an email address, and another thing is to remember your email address with the password correctly to fit in.
So many people will tell you, go and open a new Email account and move on. However, this is not the exact solution to your problem.
The question is “ what if you have important files stored in that email?”, “what if is a business email that a lot of people use to know you?” “ what if the email contains the important details or information you need at that moment?”.
I want to tell you that opening a new email will not recover your past messages from your other email account.
Gmail Password Settings
Yes is your password and I want to tell you that you can recover it. Although, there are steps you have to take for you to recover this password at the blink of an eye.
When you learn it, you can as well teach your friends.
Most at times, we change password for security reasons and this is good but while doing this please note down the password somewhere.
Gmail is a worldwide platform and as such has many accounts keyed into it. So many stay for long before accessing their account, this is not good.
If you don’t access your account for long, it can be wiped out because your account is not effective.
Below are the steps, carefully read practice.
NB: If you haven’t checked your account for 9 months or more, Gmail may consider your account as “abandoned” and deleted it from the server. In this case, account recovery is no longer possible.
Standard Procedures For Gmail Password Recovery
- Firstly, Go to your browser page and type “www.gmail.com”
- When the page loads, enter your email address correctly spelt.
- it loads, and brings out space to put your password. Leave that space, look below you will see “forgot password”.
- Click on the “forgot password” it will load showing you space to enter the last password you remember.
- If you know the password enter it, but if you don’t know the last password, look below you will see “try another question” and click on it.
- Therefore, It will either display a recovery Email page or verification page.
- If you see recovery email, it means the recovery email you added while opening the Gmail account. Now when you put the email, Google will send a link to that email which you will open in another page, click on the link and open your account safely.
- Still if you don’t know the recovery email, click on “try another question” and a new page loads.
- This page, shows you part of your number you use to open the account (e.g *********45)
- Check the number, if is your own, then check if the line has network in your phone.
- Finally, click on “text” or “call”. Google will either text you the 6 digit verification code, or telling you the code through voice call.
- It will load, then you can change the password and put the you want. Lastly submit and your account will load.
- you are done, and ready to use your account again.
Gmail App & Settings
There are lots of ways you can get into your accounts via devices, is easy and simple.
Gmail app is quite good for you, the main reason is that is always there in your phone.
You can access your account anywhere and anytime, provided you have data in your phone
So you can actually get this app using this steps below:
- Open your browser.
- Type in the word: gmail.com in your Playstore or apple world.
- Once it loads.
- Click on download.
- After downloads, install it.
- Agree with the terms and conditions.
- Click okay and you are free to use.
How Can I Change My Gmail Password Using A Gmail App
This is one of the things you can actually learn here, is not all that simple but is good you know it now.
Some persons actually ask me in one or two occasions how they can actually change their password, this is a good step for them.
Taking this into consideration, i will list down the steps below for you:
- Connect to your WiFi or data.
- Go to you gmail app, click to open.
- Once it loads fully.
- Look up at the top left side, just click on the three short line icon.
- After that, select settings from the menu button in the app.
- It will load, and show change account, but don’t click on it.
- Click on manage account.
- When it loads, then click on security.
- It loads, click on the password section.
- Then change password by inputting both old and new password.
- You will retype new password to confirm.
- Now your account security is assured.
As you follow the above steps, you will be able to get down to the solution of that little problem.
You can also subscribe to our site by just keying in your email address, thank you…
- SEE ALSO: HOW TO LOG INTO YAHOO ACCOUNT AND SIGN UP PROCESS
- GMAIL ACCOUNT CREATION AND SIGN UP FOR MOBILE AND DESKTOP
- DOWNLOAD GMAIL FOR ANDROID FREE: GET LATEST ANDROID VERSION